Monday, January 6, 2014

The new work out and keeping it positive.

This picture is the new work out Martina and I will be trying for the next 22 weeks. It is not easy to see from the picture, but it is a 6 days a week work out. Sunday and Wednesday you do butt and leg strengthening exercises, Monday and Friday we do arm, back and shoulder exercises and Tuesday and Thursday we work on strengthening our core. There is a list of moves to pick from and you pick four a day and do them for 22 weeks straight and we are going to track our progress. I do not remember the length of time we do them each session, but Martina knows. We start tonight.

I put our progress tracking papers on the wall that we see right before we go to the bedroom. That way, if we forget, we see it before bed and get our butts in gear and do the work out before bed. I am sure I will spend an ample amount of time writing about this work out as the weeks go on. The weight is still going to come off, but if I can get stronger as well, that would be great.

We did have to cancel our gym membership which presents some problems for the colder and darker months, but financially it just was not working out for us, and now that we had to purchase a new car, we could not spare that 90 bucks a month. I still think we are going to be okay. This 22 week work out will be a great start. I also realized when I was at my parents' house that I was not listening to my body. Early in 2013 I was kicking butt, but as the year went on, I was sliding backwards, but not working out like it. That meant I was taking longer breaks between work outs because my body needed the longer recovery. I am taking that to mean that I need to slow down a bit. While I was continuing to lose weight because I was eating healthier and I was more active than in years past, I was more out of shape than earlier in the year. My plan to combat this is to start slow again. I plan to walk a mile a day 3 days a week for two weeks, then 2 miles a day for 3 days a week for a few weeks and from there, see where it takes me. I think this is a smart move for me right now.

I really think the buzzword for 2014 for me is POSITIVITY. I made great strides in staying positive in 2013, but now is the year where I really conquer the negativity that seeps through during the tough weeks. Staying positive is going to help me stay organized, stay motivated and stay focused. On Facebook I see people post lists, and memes and charts about traits of successful people, and a positive attitude is always towards the top of the list. Plus, I have over a 130 teenagers that look to me every day, and I know that just by being a positive role model, I can help in some way. I am going to try and do whatever I can to remain positive!

Last note: If you have goals to get healthier in 2014, do not listen to snarky people who tell you you are just going to give up in February. You got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment